DLabs runs uniquely designed and customized accelerator programs for entrepreneurs leveraging the expertise of faculty from the Indian School of Business as well as industry mentors. DLabs works with idea stage as well as early stage startups typically with a minimum viable product and supports the validation of business model as well as support in scaling up of the ventures.
Through the accelerators, DLabs supports startups by:
- Providing mentorship and industry connects leveraging the expertise of the ISB faculty and industry wide networks
- Facilitating investments by supporting creation of investor pitches and providing access to investors during demo day
- Business model validation through highly customized workshops run by functional and domain experts
- Incubation and intensive engagement at the DLabs incubator at ISB Hyderabad ensuring deep engagement focused on gaining early market traction
In 2017-18, DLabs has selected startups for multiple cohorts through accelerators such as ISB SAP Jumpstart and ISB Envision.
The Clean Energy Lab – an initiative by Indian School of Business and Shakti Foundation – is seeking to identify and incubate 5 exceptional ideas to create policy action on clean energy in India. The Clean Energy Lab is India’s first incubation program to support high potential ideas for creating research and evidence based large scale policy impact in clean energy.
Through the Clean Energy Lab, the selected Fellows would build on their game-changing ideas to create scalable institutions through capacity building support, financial support, access to tools and frameworks, mentorship, networking opportunities and fundraising support.
WHO CAN APPLY:
You can apply, if you are a:
- High potential individual with a game-changing idea to create policy action on clean energy
- Founder of an early stage non-profit organization with a game-changing idea to create policy action on clean energy (this could include NGOs, community based organizations, thinktanks, foundations research institutions etc.)
Launch of the 2nd cohort of SAP-ISB Jumpstart Social Enterprise Accelerator Programme
After the successful graduation of the 1st cohort of entrepreneurs; SAP Labs India and the Indian School of Business (ISB) are launching the 2nd cohort of Jumpstart Social Enterprise Accelerator Programme. The programme will support social ventures that are "Leveraging Technology for creating Social Impact" through diverse domains.
The JSE Accelerator will identify 10 early stage and 5 growth stage social enterprises which are leveraging technology as their core product or service to address pressing challenges faced by the citizens of India. The start ups will be identified through a nation-wide selection process with the involvement of SAP, ISB and industry experts.
The accelerator is a mentor-driven programme for a period of four to six months [January to June, 2018]. An engagement with ISB-SAP JSE will help entrepreneurs:
- Build sustainable and scalable business models through planned workshops, seminars and mentoring sessions
- Gain access to a rich network of academic and industry mentors, and immensely talented student pool of ISB
- Gain access to a wide network of investors and a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem
To know more about the programme and application process, click on read more.
ISB-DLabs is supporting the Government of Telangana and WRI India for Smart Streets Lab – Telangana to pilot innovative road safety solutions to transform India’s streets. The Lab will leverage the new developments in technology and IT to ensure better and safer roads for all. The Lab is also supported by by Bosch as the Technical Partner and Startup India. Through the Lab, Telangana aims to source technological interventions from Internet of Things (IoT) to product innovation that will prevent our streets from becoming death and harassment traps, making them truly safe spaces for all residents.
The Smart Streets Lab has three program components:
- Bootcamp – Access to a fully funded 4-5 day nanoaccelerator for business, design, marketing, and finance inputs
- City Advisory – Opportunity for mentorship and consultations with city experts
- Pilots – Training and technical support for pilot design and implementation
In partnership with Indian School of Business (ISB) and U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad, DLabs launched ISB Envision – an accelerator program to identify startups leading the charge on innovation and excellence. The accelerator supports early stage as well as mature startups working specifically in the areas of smart cities, climate change, education and women empowerment.
The Envision program has two customized tracks for maximum benefit and exposure to startups:
- Initiate Track is meant for entrepreneurs with proof of concept and a viable business plan for their venture. Five startups are selected as a part of the cohort and incubated at DLabs (within ISB campus) for a period of 6 months. During this period, startups are given access to the state-of-the-art incubation facilities, access to an extensive network of ISB faculty and industry mentors as well as an opportunity to pitch to investors during demo day.
- Advance Track is meant for early stage start-ups with a minimum viable product who have started getting initial market traction. Five startups selected as a part of the cohort are provided support to rapidly accelerate and scale. Along with access to the office space at the DLabs incubator, the startups are engaged for two rounds of highly intensive four-day Immersion programs. The startups also have an opportunity to access the extensive network of ISB faculty and industry mentors and are supported to develop pitches for investor interactions at the demo day.
The startups are selected based on evaluation criteria such as the the strength of the business idea, market understanding of the startup, the strength and experience of the team, scalability, viability and sustainability of the venture.
In 2016-17, five startups were selected to be a part of the ISB Envision cohort and the pitch day was held in June 2017. Read more about the cohort on our Portfolio page.